Monday, October 14, 2013

Remarkable Monday

So, it is almost midnight here but I wanted to make sure I wrote a little something prior to going to bed.  First off, I actually got into my work room and setup the desk at least. I found a few supplies and now I am art journaling. I know I am missing a lot of stuff in boxes but I will unpack a few more this week and hopefully come up with what I am looking for.

I have some social events coming up this week so I need to be aware of my points tally.  right now, I am doing alright, despite going to San Antonio this weekend. I didn't lose my mind. But I wanted to. I remembered to bring a lot of fruit and I ate as little junk as possible.


The first picture is a snap shot of my desk just to prove that I was actually working on an art journal. I mostly just got some backgrounds done today. The second picture is of the art journal I decided to work in. So, check this out. I was in Ross looking for an apron and I saw this journal. Well, the paper is incredible for wet media. More importantly, look at the price. Can you say "cha-ching". 3.99 and there are at least 50 pages in it. I find myself looking for more when I walk into a Ross.  I mean a great buy.


I mostly played with my Dylusion dyes. So, I tried something I saw on you tube. One lady actually diluted the sprays and because they are so concentrated and came out with some muted colors. I did the same. I ended up with about 2/3 water and 1/3 dye. So, it will of course last me longer which means I need to get up off my but and art journal so I can use this stuff.


This layout was done with Tim Holtz distress stains direct to paper and then doing some shadowing with stencils. I believe I used stars. I then came back in with white paint, Claudine Helmuth, with additional stencils. The silhouette is actually a Dina Wakely.


The background for this one was Claudine Helmuth paint (that I had not opened in well over a year and a half). I added some silhouette stencils and some other backgrounds with black. I will absolutely need to add another color. I may do some white or red as accent.


Finally we get to the Dylusions. These are muted. I use a combination of cool and just a splash of warm. I did not want to end up with brown. Overall, I think it came out well. The stencils are from Balzar designs and I just sprayed charcoal soot Dylusions to see what the effect would be.  I will need to figure out what I am going to do with this one.

Alright, so now you can clearly see that I was working. I started roughly 10 double page layouts so as they develop, I will make sure to post.  I haven't made an ATC in at least a month so I need to make sure I get a few of those in this week. I want to catch some challenges.  Most of them are Halloween, so I might need to go an get a page or two printed until I can come up with my laser printer.

Until later
SS


No comments:

Post a Comment