Sunday, October 27, 2013

Dallas Crafters Marathon

I was finally able to go to a Dallas Crafter's Marathon in Plano and I have to say I had an absolutely awesome time. I got a lot done and more importantly I met some great people that I hope will be part of my life in the future.  This pic is just one of the Art Journal Layouts I was able to work on during this 25 hour time period.

I was trying out the distress stains that I had on some pages and have to say that I absolutely love them. They are so easy to put down in any type of pattern and then I used some washi tape in coordinating colors to pull it all together.  Here you find some images that I pulled out of an American Way magazine I had from a few months ago. Norah Jones and Helena Bonham Carter are the features here. I also finished up with some stamping and accents.  I hope you like it.

I absolutely love Art Journaling and clearly "buying" art journal supplies. I have GOT to STOP immediately. Although it is so much fun finding the things that I could possibly use in one of the 20 journals I have right now. I want to have at least 4 or 5 different art journals going at one time to ensure I have a medium to work in when the mood hits me.

This is my form of therapy. I plan on going on a cruise in a month time where will do some crafting so I am trying to figure out how I will pack for this. I hate carting so much and I want to insure I don't bring so much that I don't even touch half of it.  

I uploaded this to Balzer Designs for Art Journal Every Day.

Ok, until Later
SS

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the colours and the way you've pulled everything together to co-ordinate. Sounds like you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I did have a great time and got some awesome inspiration from this weekend.

    ReplyDelete