Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Introducing Stanley

So, this weekend I was blessed to go to the WOF, Women of Faith, conference in San Antonio, TX. It was cool. A pretty good time with great people. Well, the organization World Vision was there and people began to sponsor kids. They are a partner with the conference along with another group that I really think I am absolutely going to get involved with as well. That one revolves around the prevention of human trafficking. 

Needless to say, everyone was grabbing children to sponsor but I held off a little bit. But when I found their booth I could not resist. So, for $35 dollars a week I can help a kid eat, go to school, get medical care, etc.  That was when I began to look around the table and I saw this picture. I was immediately drawn to it. I kept thinking he was saying "Really, you are going to make me take this stupid picture". But when I saw his video I was really impressed and thought, I would like to help this child. I realize just how spoiled/blessed my life is and it past time to give back.



Stanley lives in Kenya and is 8 years old. He lives in a very poor village. However what really touched me was that Stanley is not in school. For those of you that know me understand just how large a focus on education I have placed in my lifetime. For myself and my son.

According to the program we will get a letter from Stanley and I can write back, give additional money, send gifts and check on his progress.  I just really hope he is able to go to school.  I do believe that education is one of the primary ways to improve your social and financial outcome.

I hope you enjoyed my story and wish Stanley the best please.

Until later
SS

No comments:

Post a Comment