Monday, October 21, 2013

Coffee Beans...Yummy!!

Ok, please allow me to elaborate on just how much of an idiot I am. So, I went to the Farmer's Market on Friday and while I was there I purchased dark chocolate covered coffee beans.  They are really good. What I clearly failed to recognize was just how they would affect my body. This comes from a person that barely drinks tea much less, coke or coffee. OMG! I am so wired. Wired so much that I can't sleep. So eventually I got up and said I would work on an art journal spread. I have spent so much time looking at other people's layouts that I figured it was time to work on my style. So, here I am at 5:00 am posting what I just finished. Keep in mind that most of the background was already completed.  I was working with some mixed media items and wanted to also know how my copic coloring designs would work with the matte medium. Well, it will smudge a little so I will be careful when covering the items. I might even decide to pop the next one up.

I also decided to journal a little on this page to kind of explain what I was feeling while I was making this page. I am kind of proud of it and I hope that you enjoy it.  I plan to enter it into a couple of blog challenges. 
The first one is 613 Avenue Create. The theme is anything goes for this week. The second one is for artistic inspirations. The third one is Creative Craft Challenges 2. Another is Crafting by Designs. The last one is 4 Krafty Girlz Challenge Blog. The main image is from The Greeting Farm. I love coloring these because it allows for decent practice on blending.  I actually colored a bunch of images and then I just picked out which one I thought would be best for the page. But I kind of like her smart look.The background is diluted Dylusion sprays and some stamped leaves and an alphabet stamp. I used a few of my one million letters to help my lettering and then embellished. I doodled a frame which I thought was cool, considering I did it free hand with a basic sharpie "no bleed" pen. The colors really are much more vibrant than the pictures show. I guess it is that wonderful camera phone I use to upload.

Until later
SS

No comments:

Post a Comment