Thursday, August 28, 2014

Ok, I know I am on a roll now

Yes,

I love Blogging. I don't think it's because I really want to share every little thing in my life but it is definitely an outlet for my emotions.  I consider myself a pretty happy person.  Overall I have accomplished almost everything I thought valuable to me over the last forty something years of my life. Don't get me wrong, there is much still to come but so far so good. 
 I fell into art journaling about 2 years ago. I absolutely love it. I am pretty obsessed actually. My goal is to try and get at least a couple of pages done a week. I normally spend 4-5 hours on a page. That would include backgrounds. My new favorite Youtube artist is the lady on jogglesllc. I love her work. She is so quick and really inspires my own personal style. If you have never seen it you should take a look sometime. Oh well, enough of the blabbering. Here is the art journal page for the day. This one was done with dylusions and then I just did some doodling. The figures are from the Cricut "forever friends" cartridge. You can't get it anymore at regular stores. It is one of the few cartridges that I have and love. One day, I was at DCM and started cutting these and a friend gave me some of her paper scraps that she was going to throw away. Well, I ended up making these into a bunch of these girls. Now, I use them in a bunch of my page layouts.
I am a doodler, I am trying to practice so that I get better I don't exactly have the expertise of someone that has done it all her life but each day I get better. I am working on pages that do just that so I can perfect the art.  The one thing that is not on this page is extra background art. You can tell that it leaves a little something to be desired. I think this layout needs depth.You never know, I might go in a couple of weeks and see what stamps I can add to help bring out the color scheme,

Until then,
SS

No comments:

Post a Comment