Monday, August 25, 2014

It's been a while

I know I have slacked but I went to DCM this weekend and I thought this would be a good opportunity to show you a few things I have been working on.  I have recently found my love of "create a color" paint now. I got it from Close to my heart. They no longer make it so I had my consultant hunt me down every tube that she could find. Luckily I am in possession of 15.  I have gone through 3 so far which means I will have to find a new method to showcase my love of iridescent backgrounds.
Let me just say that I actually finished this layout a while ago but I wanted to show you something that I am pretty proud of. This was actually done with the inexpensive metallic paints you get from any hobby store. I put a few colors together and spread them around with a hotel room key. I have a few of them to say the least. This is done in my large journal. The picture is of my favorite character from "The Walking Dead", Michonne.
I used some sharpie markers and pens to do the accents. I am kind of a fan of doodling which you will see a lot in my work. I am not as die hard as Dyan Reavely but I do love to see the accents in most cases.  You can't really see the great color but it has green, gold and rust as the background and they are all metallic.  The actual picture is black and white. I found it in one of my favorite magazines for clipping art, W.  Alright, enough for now. I will try to get this posted.  

Until later
SS

No comments:

Post a Comment