Friday, September 12, 2014

Just one more new hobby

Yes,

It's me again. My life has gotten pretty busy again. I am happy about it though. I can't stand being bored. So, I get to be home for 2 weeks straight. Ya, gotta love sleeping in your own bed. So, I have taken up quilting. Yes, I know.  Me, quilting??? I can barely sew a button on but I am giving it a go. I bought a new sewing machine. One that is pretty simple but I really want to try doing rag quilts. Of course. I am not going to give up my other hobbies. In fact, I had a wonderful creative weekend that I still have a lot of stuff to share but I will get to that in a minute. 

So here is the share for today.
I am still in love with my Kenny K images.  I have pulled out the stops with the Copics again. I had to hold off on adding to the collection until next month. But I definitely will be doing that soon.  This page was done with a background of Tim Holtz Distress stains. They are always good for a quick background.  I have been trying to figure out how to get more depth in the background on this. But I think when I do my cruise this year this will definitely be in my supplies list. I have been trying to figure out something that is a little less messy to take but will still allow me to have some freedom for creation.  I actually chose to post this one on the Kenny K Crew's challenge blog. It's anything goes this time.  I also want to link this to Crafting from the heart. They also have a theme of anything goes this week.

One thing I want to try as well is journaling. I actually bought a book that has 642 things to write a about. Not sure why but I really wanted the items in here. I think it would be a really cool thing to do as a round robin type journal. Someday.. The first one i looked at it is " Write a witch's spell"

"round and round, spin today. Look to the North and start to say..  I am beautiful, I am great. Now cover your face so that you cannot see.. Because the person inside is what you really want to be."

Ok, Enough of being corny, until later.

SS

1 comment:

  1. wonderful creation, love the bright colours,
    Thanks for joining us over on Kenny K Krafty Krew
    Hugs Vicky

    ReplyDelete