Friday, May 24, 2013

Only Time will tell

So often we go along in our daily lives with tunnel vision. What I mean by that is that we are so focused on ourselves, our families, our jobs that we fail to see the things that happen around us. Usually we notice the bad things because public media helps accentuate it but what about those things that you know the sun is shining down on at this very moment.

Case in point, I went to the grocery store yesterday and noticed that it was pretty cleaned out. This is saying something for a WalMart. I mean all of the water and some other essential items. And then I walked down the dental aisle and this man was buying all of the small packages of disposable toothbrushes with toothpaste. He also had a lot of miniature trial size items. I wondered why and then it hit me. The reason the store was cleaned out was because everyone was buying for the Moore, OK and other Oklahoma cities individuals that were stuck by the Tornado tragedy.

I had a major incident in my life happen recently that made me feel a little sad but it took that to make me see and say to myself. "I am really quite blessed".  Just remember that every day that you can exist in this world on your own.

Until Later
SS

No comments:

Post a Comment