Thursday, May 23, 2013

I was born too late

Sometimes I tell myself that I was really born too late.  Being a baby of the 70's meant that my time growing up in the crucial years was in the late eighty's and ninety's. All I can say is that compared to some of the other times in history it paled in comparison.  I keep thinking that the controversial 60's might have worked. In the times of Martin Luther King, JFK, Malcolm X and all of the other era changing individuals.  
Especially the music I listen too.  I am definitely a jazz lover as opposed to hip hop or even disco. And did the 80's and 90's even have a musical genre that got any recognition.
However the roaring 20's seemed like a lot of fun. I didn't look at the history books but I think it was the time of prohibition and the Great Depression.  Shine running and mob bosses were on the rise. In any case. I like to sing and I love to dance. So here is my impression of art from that time. 

This ATC is again from my favorite digital artist, Kenny K.  It's Flapper Girl.  I colored her with copics and put her on some long saved corrugated colored paper. I am convinced, now that I have used it, I need more. It makes an excellent background and has the strength that you don't need cereal board on the back.

I guess this is it for this post. I hope to see you again soon.

Oh, I so forgot to say. This is for the Wicked Wednesday Blog Challenge.

Today in OKC I thought we were all going to float away.  I was awakened by the loudest thunder boom I think I have ever heard.  Bones jumped 5 feet in the air and would not leave my side all morning. Terrible storms again, flash flooding. 

Not sure how many of you out there have been watching the news but we had serious devastation here.  Tornadoes destroyed cities and tragedy struck thousands of families.  My son and I are alright I can thankfully say. However there are so many that are still struggling to get through this and will do so for some time to come. Please pray for the city of Moore, OK.

Until Later

SS

5 comments:

  1. Oh man, I had no idea you were in OK! I've been watching and praying for everyone for sure. Sending you a hug, my friend. Your ATC is darling, thanks so much for joining us at WW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ATC it's so pretty & colourful, thank you for joining us at OSCC. Janet

    I too have been watching it on TV you really cant believe people survive these disasters it's unreal, take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the image & perfect for our challenge this week! Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday!
    PS Glad you are safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and retro ATC! The 20's look like fun but think of all the modern inventions you'd miss! LOL!

    So glad to hear you're safe, and as most of this country is doing right now, I'm saying healing prayers for the town of Moore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that you and your son are safe and sound!
    Fantastic flapper ATC!!

    ReplyDelete