Thursday, March 29, 2012

Silky Seraphina

I wanted to do a post about crochet since I will be hitting the DFW Fiber Fest this weekend for a little retail therapy. What you see is the pattern Seraphina done with Berroco Boho colors. I love this shawl. I am such an avid crocheter that I wanted to created something with color and make it practical as well. Since I live in Texas I can't really have heavy crocheted items (well not if I plan to get any use out of them) so I go for either cotton or things that are crocheted and have plenty of loops or open space to allow for the body to breathe.

I did work on the Art journal last night. What I realize is that mine is more just basic backgrounds and then a lot of actual journaling. I know that is not exactly what I like when I see pictures but it is what I can seem to commit to now. I did see some awesome stuff that has stamped acrylic letters and I think I might go with trying to do a little something like that in the future. I like pictures and words but I really love painting. (It's gotta be a denied passion when I was little that is now just itching to get out.


It's morning and I need to get back to work but I hope you like the design. Many more to come after this weekend. I really need to use up some of this yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment