Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Buffalo



I've been spending a lot of time in Oklahoma City, We current Texans call it "North of the Red River". So for any of you that have spent any time at all in Oklahoma City you know that around downtown you see tons of "decorated" buffalo. In fact, I recently went to a OKC Thunder game (NBA) and the mascot is a buffalo. I had no clue what it was, had to ask a policeman. I now find them to be part of the environment. So the picture was taken out west but I have found the detail of the decorations to be just awesome and since I didn't have any of my own art to share with you I wanted to let you know I am still alive, and spending some of my time thinking about buffaloes. I didn't check to see if this one had a name but if I were to name him I would call him "Flag Buff". I guess I just think that his triangle decorations remind me of pennants or flags of some source.

No comments:

Post a Comment