Friday, July 6, 2012

First Blog Link

Yes, I did it again. I went an entire month without blogging. All I can say is that my day job has definitely gotten the better of my free time allotment.  So I have been trying to pack up my house without success. Needless to say I am moving. Yes, you read it correctly. To the great state of Oklahoma. I am trying to get motivated enough to start emptying my house so that I can pack up. I just never realized how much "junk" I have. I managed to get through parts of my room by donating a couple bags of clothes and filling a large garbage bag. Today is trash day so I will try to get through at least 2 more before the truck comes. 

Now, onto the reason for the blog.  I am going to link this with Wicked Wednesday ATC challenge blog. The name of the card is "Who needs a beach?".  When I looked at my stamps and digi images I honestly could not find any that would go with the theme this week. So I thought about what I do on a beach.  I sip cocktails and read. That is exactly what this little girl is doing. The image is from "Little Miss Muffet Stamps" and I colored her with copics.  The background in case you could not tell is a mixture of sea shells. I thought it was appropriate. Not to mention JoAnn's had a sale on crafting paper. "Like I needed another piece of paper". I hope you like my first link.


I also entered this in the Simon Says Stamp challenge for this week. It appears it is just my lucky week because they said it should be tags or ATC's. Lucky for me I enjoy coloring and doing small projects. They travel well and my Copics are tremendous stress relievers. : )

Until next time.
Shaunda D

9 comments:

  1. Lol, that's exactly what I do on a beach too...sip, read, sip some more!
    Great way to incorporate a beach theme by using the sea shell background! Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday this week and good luck with the packing!
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creation- love your way of thinking. Good luck with the move and thanks for the joining us at Wicked Wednesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Not crafting for a month doesn't show, that is for sure! Oklahoma isn't so bad. Moved here 5 years ago. You can craft there just as well as where you are! Hoping to see more of your work. Thank you for entering our ATC's and Cards with Attitude Challenge!
    Manderly
    xxxooo
    manderlylynn@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute...thanks for sharing at wicked wednesday...

    Tina
    guest designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to read on the beach too! A great ATC for our Wicked Wednesday Challenge - thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beach, reading, a nice drink...what's not to love!

    xo, Kristina
    Sharing bloggy love from SSS challenge
    Come by and see me sometime!
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous ATC, fabulous colours and your image is adorable and so many lovely details.

    hugs Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super FUN ATC!! Love that great image!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Shaunda! The best link I found to explain mineral spirits is here, it's a .pdf file:
    http://www.inkyantics.com/pdfs/GamBlend.pdf
    I happen to use Gamsol, which is a name-brand of mineral spirits. :)

    ReplyDelete