Saturday, June 25, 2011

New found hobby





Hey Blogger Land,

Of course it has been a while since we talked but wanted to update you on my new found hobbies. First off, am I am totally into paper crafting. Just about any kind. I started off by card making with a friend of mine and got totally hooked. Next I went to scrapbooking. I took a couple of trips out of the country and wanted to ensure I captured those for my family to see. Now I am so into art journaling.


This is my new passion. Or at least for today. I even signed up for 1001 journals. Hopefully I will get some soon.


So let me talk about my new found passion. Art journaling has really been freeing for me. I (as most people know) tend to be a little controlling. However Art Journaling has allowed me to freely share what I normally would not. It give me an avenue to be mysterious with my message or to be point blank because that I what I think I need to get the message. And of course some of the pages aren't even about sending a message, or sharing a lesson learned. It is really about expressing my strength and compassion in a creative venue.


I am going to post my first page for art journaling and I hope you like it but if nothing else maybe it will inspire you to do your own. Takes very little investment, cheap composition book, old magazines, comic books, poetry books, scissors and some glue. Now I will tell you because I don't cover my work, I am a fan of the no wrinkle glue sticks. I know they are a little bit more than the $.20 ones you can pick up any where. They run roughly $3 to $4 for a package of 2 but they are definitely worth it.

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment