Monday, June 27, 2011

Magazine Hunt




I went on a magazine hunt this weekend. I needed some additional material for the art journaling I do. One of the women in my group suggested that I try Half Price Books. Not that I wanted to pay even half price for magazines that I knew I would cut up but that was better than full price. So I hit a couple this weekend. I gotta say, that was a great idea. I am not really a magazine girl. Most of what I read is either via Internet or newspaper. But I found the issues that were roughly a year old to only be $1. A great bargain for me.




So $15 later I had some great selections. My favorite was National Geographic because it had some great backgrounds on almost every page. I only bought 2 but those will probably last me over a month. I also grabbed a think Vogue because I love shoes and clothing. An Architectural Digest and a few Garden Digest issues. The Oprah ones I already had from a couple of days ago. What I also found were some great clearance books that had life's sayings as well as some poetry that I think would really describe me. The name of the book was "angry girls". Need I say more? My son thought I was crazy by getting old magazines but now that he is seeing what I did I think he might actually try it himself. As long as he doesn't resort to cutting up textbooks, I don't really care. )




I am posting one of the entries I completed this weekend. I have to remember to date them.


Until later BloggerLand...

No comments:

Post a Comment