Saturday, May 2, 2015

100th post

Yes

This is officially my 100th post. It took me a while to get here. Absentee blogging, changing hobbies, and then just that thing called life.  I have committed to myself that I will blog more. I really do like to share ideas and thoughts with like minded people. Most of my entries are centered around my crafting. Occasionally I include my family, most frequently my son.  

I will have to be off work for a few weeks. In which case I need to get my house together before that happens. I will clean out my craft room if it kills me. So that once I can move I won't have to do that stuff. I figure if I really put my mind to it and do a little every day I can have it done in 3 weeks, perhaps 2 1/2. I just came from NSD at DCM. That would represent National Scrapbook Day at Dallas Crafters Marathon. As usual, I met tons of great people. It was awesome to hang out with fellow crafters. I even managed to art journal. I got roughly 6 layouts pretty much complete and several backgrounds.  Once I get the craft room together I will focus on doing backgrounds and texture at home and then when I go to DCM I can bring a minimal amount of "junk" (I mean supplies). : )

There were a couple of people interested in Art Journaling. I know it can be addicting.  I love going back in my books and seeing what my thoughts were in years past. The visual method for me seems to work better. Hopefully over the next few weeks some of us can meet up and enjoy crafting again.

Here is one of the layouts that I did over the last 2 days. As you can tell I am still into the big focal images. Both girls were colored with Copic Markers. I did use my Eclips by Sizzix to do Print to Cut. I love the feature. Sometimes it can be a little fickle with getting cut lines but for the most part it gets it done.


The layout was made with distress stains for the background, I doodled in the signo white gel pen, micron marker and some of the metallic gelly roll pens.  The image on the left is definitely from Kenny K.  I honestly don't remember where I got the image on the right.

Until Later
SS


No comments:

Post a Comment