Thursday, April 30, 2015

I have started again

Hey Blogger world

I started art journaling again. I was in Chicago with family over the weekend and we decided to do a day of crafting. I just happened to bring my set of Pan Pastels with me for this trip. I only had one day to play but we had fun.

This was a page from one of my favorite "Comet"art journals.  I look high and low for these and buy them up every chance I get. They handle wet background techniques well. They even stand up to my Copic markers.  

Here is a page I did with Versamark and pan pastels. I still can't get over how easy this covers a page. And a little fixative afterwards to seal and you are on your way. I am still looking for a good pen to use on these pages that won't cost me a fortune. In the meantime I am using my Pitt Faber Castel pens and I used the Big White Pitt pen for the lettering. All of the doodling was done by me. Not a lot but I enjoy it.  The metallic accents were done with Sakura gel pens. I have a ton and decided it was time to use them.

The stamp was something my cousin had laying around. (literally)  I should have taken a picture of the page she did while playing with the pan pastels. The purple and yellow flower was absolutely gorgeous.

As you can see I started signing all of my work. My cousin encouraged me a couple of years ago to start.

I am crafting this weekend so these babies will definitely be put to use.  In any case. I hope you like it. Please feel free to comment. I would love the feedback.

Until later
SS



No comments:

Post a Comment