Saturday, August 18, 2012

Mer Babe

I am trying out my small set of pro markers. I actually like the way they color. But since I am so invested in Copics I can't possibly make a huge investment in these.  Again, I got them by using the 50% discount. So I have roughly 36 of them for less than $1.50 each. Not a bad small first investment.
So here is the image, I honestly can't remember where it is from. I think it is a Mayzy Art. "I should really keep better track of my images". I left my copics for at my other place this weekend so I am trying some different coloring techniques. Hopefully you like this. I am entering it in Wicked Wednesday's ATC challenge as well.  The theme is "The Blues".

P.S. I was wrong. It was from Kenny K. One of my very favorite designers. I love his faces.
Until Later

5 comments:

  1. Oh this is so adorable, Shaunda! I think she's from KennyK, actually. :) I store all of my digis in a folder called "Digital Images" and then I make a folder for each company. I also sometimes add a word to the stamp description so I can find it later... like if it's a mermaid but she's called "Syren" - I might change her name from Syren to "Syren Mermaid". This way, when I search for mermaid in my folder later, I'll find her. Hope that makes sense! :) Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I actually figured it out because I was going to print a few more images for coloring. I love Kenny K. He is definitely one of my favorites.

      Delete
  2. Mer Babe is perfect for this week's challenge...she's adorable in blue! So glad you were able to make a couple of ATC's. That's what I love about them...because they're so small it's easy to make 1, 2, or even 3 in a short amount of time. Thanks for joining us this week at Wicked Wednesday.
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my friend! Check out this page for tips on using the alcohol inks - this is how I taught myself! http://www.theenchantedgallery.com/alcohol.html The most important thing to me was getting the blending tool with some felt pads and a variety of colors to play with. Oh, and a bottle of the alcohol blending solution. Then I just play around! Sometimes I use glossy cardstock, other times I paint things (chipboard pieces/coasters, cardstock, tags, etc.) with Gesso and let it dry before using the inks... and sometimes I apply a few layers of UTEE (ultra thick embossing enamel) before applying the ink. I have a lot of fun experimenting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Shaunda - been trying to e-mail you... you had signed up for the ATC swap but I have not yet received your ATC's. I am mailing them all out on Saturday, if yours arrive after that I will return them to you. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete