Saturday, August 18, 2012

My fin...

It's been a minute since I have posted. I have been pretty busy with the move. However I have had a minute to create a bit, "stress relief" today. The theme at Wicked Wednesday ATC challenge is "The Blues". I created 3 cards for this challenge. The first one is colored with my new set of PrismaColor Pencils.  I just recently bought a set of 132.  The lady that sponsors that blog colors with these and I love her work. Jo Ann's had a 50% off coupon so I bought some. I have to say, I am pretty bad at coloring with pencils. But I tried something I red on line about using baby oil to blend. It definitely makes it better. I just need to go out and get some blending stumps today. They tell me they are pretty cheap.
In any case, this image is from one of my favorite artists Jade Dragonne. I just love her work. So I am certain you will see much more from her style.  The saying was from me. I decorated it with some flowers I have in my stash bought on sale at Hobby Lobby. They are actually perfect for ATC's. Small, glitter and bling. Roughly 90 pieces per package. I popped up the image.

I am also going to enter this in the ATC's with attitude challenge for this fortnight.  They have the "anything goes" theme.

I hope you like her. I need to get a couple more posts done and then it is off to pack the house. Oh in case I didn't say it, I finally got my air conditioner fixed. I had to pay for it myself but I can't stand my home warranty company so I cancelled them and took the less than stellar cash out.

Until later.

4 comments:

  1. She is darling, have to check out that artist! Good job with the pencils! :) I am having a hard time finding good blending stumps since I moved across the country, probably going to have to buy them online now. I have never tried the baby oil, does it dry completely on the image? Thanks for joining us again at Wicked Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It dries but pretty slow. I didn't want to invest in the OMS before I knew if I liked the colored pencils. I had the baby oil already at home. But it is basically mineral oil and does allow blending. I may have to try a small container of OMS to see how it works.

      Delete
  2. LOL, I love the sentiment on this ATC....she's such a tease! Love your coloring and good luck with the pencils! I've actually been thinking about getting them because the Copics hurt my hands after using them for an extended period of time. Keep us posted on your progress with them. Thanks for playing along with the Wicked Wednesday challenge this week!
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely ATC
    thank you for joining in the challenge at ATCs and Cards with attitude this week
    hugs
    Debbi
    http://taylor-madecards.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete