Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Long time, no blog

I'm so sorry, it's been almost a month since I last blogged and that is far too long.  I have been creating lately just not taking pics to share and for that I apologize. I am sharing my small art journal size with you. I want to take some actual page pictures as well. I found this journal at Hobby Lobby. I love these. They are 4x6 and are perfect for traveling. I can't really put a lot of big pictures inside but it helps me to create when based on my travel schedule I otherwise would not have.  I have basically used watercolors in this journal. It seems like the paper holds up a little better. I just have to remember to let them dry completely before using my Pitt pens on them. Occasionally I have been known to tear the page.
I found a new project. I have fallen in love with Julie Nutting's collage couture. So much that I went out yesterday and purchased her book for full price. Yep, you read it correctly. FULL PRICE. Something I almost never do. I am so excited to create something. It will be at least a couple of weeks before I can with my on the go schedule.  Wedding this weekend, travel the next and hopefully the weekend after that I can sit down with some paint and continue to create. Being on the road make that a little limiting but I am getting better at figuring out how to express myself. It keeps me sane. (OK maybe just not "insane"). LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment